Friday, October 26, 2012

Funkie junkie tag 3

Good evening ladies (and gentlemen??)
I do apologize for not having a halloween post for yesterday or today...
I could probably make up some sort of excuse... but I just haven't had the time!
I had however been working on a few tags for the challenge over at The Funkie Junkie
who is holding a weekly Christmas tag challenge where you take inspiration from the tag that was created on her site
Linda is offering a fabulous prize at the end of the 12 weeks to her wonderful store
(which you can find here) and which is also sponsoring the challenge!
I was inspired by the snowman and the heart on her tag to create mine
If you know anything about me you know that I hold on to that punchinella like it's a piece of gold! So for me to use some on this tag was a little heart wrenching, but it felt right when I applied it so I went with it!
This is the first tag I tried Tim Holtz's Marble stain effect on...
It was obviously an epic fail, but I still tried...
The snow man was actually a mask that I had, so I had to stamp the negative part of the mask and then cut him out of the grunge paper. But he came out alright.
Here's a little bit closer view I was super excited to find a snowflake punch in my stash (from who knows when???) so I punched out a few and added them to the tag...
Do you like??  do you love??  Hubby says I need to be able to display my work somewhere, but I get so self concious about doing that... I figure here on the blog is the best place he he he!
Hope your having a crafty weekend!

2 comments:

  1. This is terrific, Diana. Your blue background came out sensational and I love that you used your punchinella! Great inspiration piece - it's wonderful to have you joining in the fun with us this year!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Your marble stain background is wonderfully frosty and the embellishing is perfect with it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments! They are the cherry on top of my sundae!